Sunday 26 January 2014

Product Empties #1


Hello again; today I have a post about the products I've used up recently, and before anyone panics and thinks that I go through products like crazy, I assure you that I've built up this collection over almost 6 months. I'm going to do a mini review of each product and let you know whether I plan on repurchasing it (or already have!), as this will give you a good indication of whether I really do love a product. Oh, and I apologise for the quality of the photos in this post, it's been very stormy so there hasn't been very good lighting for a couple of weeks but I really wanted to get a new post up for you guys.



Haircare

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor - I like to use a deep treatment like this about once or twice a week, and have done since the age of about 8 so I've tried out a fair few products like this, and I must admit that for me, this really doesn't live up to the hype. I took this on holiday with me and used it for every wash so that my hair didn't dry out but found that it helped less than a normal conditioner! I had the same results when I got home so this won't be a repurchase for me.


Fudge Urban Iced Raspberry and Vanilla Hairspray - This is about my fifth can of this, and I already have another two as backups; I just can't get enough of this hairspray! It has amazing hold yet can easily be brushed out and allows my hair some movement, and best of all it smells amazing - what's not to love?!

Charles Worthington Maximum Hold Hairspray - This was my favourite ever hairspray, but when it stopped being produced about a year ago, I completely stopped using it. However, last month I finally finished it off as I realised that no matter how slowly I use it it's never going to last forever so I may as well finish it and free up some space in my cupboard.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Conditioner - This is one of my all time favourite hair care ranges as it's one of the only volume collections that still washes and nourishes by hair. Many others try to be too gentle and end up achieving nothing but this is lovely. It leaves my hair feeling super soft and not weighed down. Definitely a repurchase.



Bodycare

Accessorize Body Lotion - This came as part of a perfume set and I can't say I was keen on the scent as it was a bit mature for me; I actually gave the perfume to my mum! As for the lotion itself, I can't say too much about it, yes it moisturised my skin, but no more than any other product and there was nothing special about it. For this reason I won't be repurchasing this.

Nivea Invisible Deodorant - I wasn't sure whether or not to include this as its a bit personal but I just had to tell you guys about Nivea deodorants. I've tried a few different ones by them now, and I can honestly say that they have the most effective and long lasting protection - far more than Sure or Dove for me. I'm already onto a new one of these, this time from the Pearl Beauty collection.

Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter -  I have a love hate relationship with this; yes it does give me a lot of moisture, but my skin feels sticky for hours after I've applied it, which is okay if I'm going straight to bed but if I'm getting ready for a night out and need to put tights on, this is a massive no no. Therefore it's not a repurchase but I will use up the other ones I have left from Christmas.

Soap and Glory Flake Away Scrub - I loved this to death! It's super exfoliating and smells amazing! I would definitely repurchase but I got a full size one for Christmas so there is no need at the moment. I would like to try out some of the other scents though.



Skincare

Johnson's Eye Makeup Remover - This is one of the only eye makeup removers I've ever used as I struck lucky and found one I loved after only trying a few. It's super effective and really gentle, and super cheap too! A firm favourite of mine.

No7 Soft and Soothed Gentle Toner - I really love how soft this makes my skin feel and it works great on my oily skin. Another definite favourite that I have already repurchased.



Makeup

I appear to have only used concealer for the last 6 months hahaha. Basically, I had loads of half started concealers so I had a couple of months where I used them all up instead of buying new ones to try. I didn't use up any other products as makeup always lasts forever!

Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer - I really didn't love this as the coverage wasn't high enough for me. Although it had good lasting power, I couldn't find a good match for my skin tone either, so it won't be a repurchase as I have tried a lot better.

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer - I did really like this product as it lasted well on my oily skin and under my eyes as well as having super high coverage, however it set much too fast for me. I could only work on one section of my face at a time or the concealer would set before I had finished blending it in. Again, not a repurchase for me.

Collection Lasting Perfection - Possibly the most talked about makeup product of all time (I don't know if that's actually true but it certainly seems that way!). This totally lives up to the hype for me, and is the best concealer I've ever tried. The only downside is that it runs out quickly, this tube only lasted two months, but it's so amazing that I wouldn't care if I had to repurchase it weekly!

And that concludes this super long post! Congratulations if you read right to the end and I'm sorry this post is so long but I really wanted to give you guys a good insight into my thoughts about these products.

4 comments:

  1. I was looking for a new eye make-up remover that didn't cost an arm and a leg so I'll give Johnson's a go! Hope it works as well for me as it does for you!

    Angel Flicks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww I would really recommend it so hopefully it works well for you :) be sure let me know what you think of it! xx

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster Award – check out my post for your questions!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete