Sunday 5 January 2014

Topshop Ohh La La Lipstick Review

Hello everyone! I suppose as this is my first post I ought to welcome you to my blog, so welcome to my little internet space and I hope you enjoy reading my little ramblings. Now, I don't want to waste too much of your time going on about who I am and what this blog will be about, so if you want to read more, just look under the 'About Me' tab.

So as you will know from the title, this post is a review of a Topshop lipstick in the shade 'ohh la la'. I know that a lot of people like to do '10 facts about me' type posts for their first one, but I wanted to start how I plan to continue; with mainly beauty and fashion related blog posts. Don't get me wrong, I will do one in the future, just not yet! So on with the review...



Before I begin on the lipstick itself, I think it would be logical to comment on the packaging. As usual with Topshop makeup, the lipstick is beautifully presented with a gorgeous black and white striped pattern, and I love that it comes in a box as it makes it feel more high end and luxurious.



Now onto the colour of the lipstick, which is a beautiful peachy orange colour. It's a lovely subtle way to venture into the land of orange lip colour without having to wear a shade that's too out-there. I think it looks great on pale skin tones, and darker skin tones would benefit from applying it a bit more generously in order to make the colour slightly bolder, so that it stands out more. This lipstick has a matte formula which is very long wearing, I generally get around 8 hours wear, including eating and drinking. It isn't a particularly drying formula, however I would still recommend putting a lip balm underneath as the lipstick isn't very creamy, so the balm helps it to glide over your lips. And of course, during the winter it is essential to keep your lips continually hydrated with a lip balm anyway.



You can buy this lipstick for £8 from Topshop, which is at the higher end of drugstore prices, but I think it's absolutely worth it for such a great lipstick! Click here for a link to where you can buy it.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely, natural colour! Love your blog!

    http://d0pesky.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is, it's lovely if you like orange but don't want to be too 'out there'! And aww thank you! xx

      Delete