Friday 5 December 2014

A Mini Makeup Haul





























This is my second post of the day for all you lucky people, and this time around I have a little haul. I've been trying to stay more restrained leading up to Christmas, so there's only a few items, but I thought I should share them with you.

Boots recently had one of their 3 for 2 mix and match across all makeup brands, so of course I had to take advantage of this. I needed a new foundation for the winter months, now that I'm paler. I chose the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation Nude (£7.99) because I loved the Match Perefection, but wanted something slightly higher coverage this time around. I did decide to get the medium coverage nude one rather than the full coverage original as my skin is actually behaving itself at the moment (touch wood).

The next product I decided to get on the deal was this L'oreal Matte Bronzer (£7.99). It's less orange toned than some so I thought it was be good for contouring, but I have found that it still isn't grey toned enough so I may have to save up for Benefit's Hoola as I can't find any grey toned bronzers in the drugstore. However, this is still good for bronzing up my skin, and because it's matte, it still looks really natural.

The final product I got in this deal was the Maybelline Under Eye Concealer (£7.99), which silly old me forgot to photograph. It has a very unique applicator but so far I've been loving it. It has quite a thin consistency but it still has good coverage. I like to have a different concealer for my under eyes to my blemishes as it is much more hygienic so this is great for me.

Lastly, I bought this an Essie nail polish in the shade Toggle to the Top. I have had my eye on this for a while but at £8 I just couldn't justify it. Low and behold, I am browsing in TK Maxx and find it on sale for £3.99! Of course, at this price I just had to pick it up, and so far I am impressed. It is perfectly opaque in two coats, dries relatively quickly, and lasts well on the nails. The only negative is that it is very difficult to remove, but then that applies to all glitter polishes.

And that's it! I'm quite proud of myself because there's a lot on my wishlist at the moment but hopefully after Christmas I'll have a bit of money to spend on a few new beauty products.

emma x

1 comment:

  1. I'm unbelievably pale skinned, most of the lightest toned foundations are too dark for me so I might invest in the L'Oreal bronzer to warm up my skin so I don't look so much like death!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete