Friday 5 December 2014

blogmas #5: New Years Resolution Review

Today I will be looking back at the resolutions I made at the start of the year. I know the year hasn't quite finished yet, but it's close enough, and let's be honest, most of our regular schedules go out the window during the run up to Christmas.



1) Lose 10 Pounds - Well this is an interesting one to start with haha. I did actually manage to achieve this within the first few months of 2014, however unfortunately I have since put it back on. I did feel much more confident with my body when I was a bit lighter though, so I would like to lose it again and hopefully keep it off this time.

2) Drink a Glass of Water Everyday - This resolution has actually been a huge success. To begin with, I drank a glass of water with dinner every day, and eventually I actually grew to like it better, so now I drink it regularly as my usual drink and often have multiple glasses in a day.

3) Go to the Gym Once a Week - This failed miserably and lasted all of two weeks so lets quickly move on.

4) Do the 7 Minute Workout Everyday - I did manage to keep this going for a couple of months, but doing it everyday just became too much, especially when I was away from home.

5) Improve my Posture - I have been working on my posture and it has improved but it is something that will take a long time to fully correct, so I'm going to keep working on it into the new year.

6) Do a Blog Post Once a Week - To start with this didn't go too well, but from August I have been posting twice a week, and for blogmas I am posting daily, so I think I have made up for the bad start towards the end of the year.

7) Post on Instagram Twice a Week - I actually quit my themed instagram account a few months ago, so clearly I didn't achieve this one. However, if you do want to follow me, I still have my personal account @emmajolliffe.

8) Write down One Good Memory Everyday - I did do this for a couple of months and it did help me to be a lot more positive. I have since stopped writing it down, but I do like to spend a bit of time reflecting as the end of every day, and think about all the things that made me happy, and it's been working really well, so I'm hoping to continue this into the new year.

9) Get a Job - A big success here; I got my job at the end of August as a receptionist at a local Sports and Recreational Centre. So far I'm really enjoying it and am enjoying having a better of extra money to spend.



So overall, some resolutions went well and others didn't but I'm happy with what I've achieved this year, and am really looking forward to 2015.

emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment