Saturday 6 December 2014

blogmas #6: The Perfect Hot Chocolate

Winter aka the season of daily hot chocolates in front of the telly. Okay so maybe not every day as I am trying to watch my weight, but every now and then I like to have a good hot chocolate at the end a cold, winters day.



This hot chocolate might not be the most photogenic as it isn't topped with whipped cream, marshmallows or any other decorations, but this drink just needs to be appreciated in its purest form hahah.

I prefer a milky hot chocolate to one made with water, so the first thing I do is heat the milk in the microwave. I only fill the mug two thirds of the way to leave room for the powder, and I heat it for 1 minute and 20 seconds as I've found that it's the perfect length of time.

Next I add 2 heaped teaspoon of Whittards Caramel Hot Chocolate and mix that in. I really like this hot chocolate as it's really luxurious and basically just all round amazing! Then comes the secret ingredient, Hazelnut Syrup! I picked up mine in Sainsbury's down the coffee aisle, but I'm sure most supermarkets stock it. I use 4 teaspoons of this and hey presto, you have the world's best hot chocolate! Of course, you can now add whipped cream if you're in need of a real treat, but generally I just leave mine as it is.

What's your favourite brand of hot chocolate?

emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment